The Transformation into a Modern Bathroom: from Shabby to Chic
Is your bathroom outdated and in need of a rehaul, but you don’t know where to start? Perhaps you prefer crisp and clean lines, simplicity, and neutral tones? Well you’ve come to the right place, because today we are going to discuss the best bathroom furniture to create a stunning, sleek modern bathroom you will love.
What’s so great about modern bathroom furniture is that it creates a timeless, elegant, refreshing look that is easy to maintain, while also being very functional. There are so many ways to go about it, from budget-friendly to lavish options. You don’t even need to change everything in your bathroom. Just a few signature modern pieces will do the trick.
In this article, we will list different types of bathroom furniture and the various characteristics to look out for when shopping or designing your space that will give your bathroom that ultimate modern look.
How to Choose Modern Bathroom Furniture
- Vanity Mirrors –
- Circular shapes have been popular on the market for the past few years, but other styles that are on the rise include
- Square and rectangular shaped with rounded edges.
- They often include either a very slim or no frame.
- Open Bathroom Furniture –
- This includes counters with no doors or drawers
- It can accommodate for boxes or free-standing objects, which both can easily be moved from one side to another.
- This allows for easy and quick access to toiletries and other stored items.
- Suspended/Floating Furniture –
- Furniture that appears to be “floating” because they do not touch the floor but are suspended on the wall.
- Most suspended pieces include mirrors, sinks, and vanity cabinets.
- This can also be useful in smaller bathrooms or when needing to conserve space.
- Metallic Hardware –
- Modern-style hardware usually comes in some form of metal finish.
- Finishes range from light to dark shades. They also come in polished or brushed.
- Freestanding Bathtubs-
- Come in porcelain, acrylic, and even metal options.
- Bathtub nooks create a hideaway and are increasing in popularity.
- Open glass showers –
- These showers come in frameless, doorless, or walk-in styles and give a minimalist approach
- This style creates the illusion of more bathroom and shower space
- Natural stone sink bowls –
- They have a raw stone look and take on unusual forms
- Comes as a vessel sink, which sits on top of the vanity countertop.
Some other things to keep in mind when designing a modern bathroom includes:
- Incorporate dark or neutral tones, in contrast with white. Add it on an accent wall or cabinet paint colors or through tile and flooring choices
- Use industrial style lighting fixtures that complement the bathroom hardware
- Add marble or terrazzo in unexpected ways, such as on the walls or on cabinet doors to make a statement!
- Try a shower that is ceiling mounted. Ceiling showers mimic the sensation of rain. Steam showers are another unique option.